Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Freedom

I believe in a God of second chances... not only second chances, but an infinite amount of chances. I believe that no matter what you or I have done, no matter how sick, twisted, or ugly it is, that God's grace is big enough to cover it. I believe that no matter how high I've been, how many people I've slept with, how many times I've driven drunk, how many times I've lied my parents, how many times I've led worship while living a double life, how many times I've thought about killing myself, how many times I've cut myself, how many times I've made myself throw up, how many times I've blah blah blahhhed... GOD STILL HAS A PLAN AND PURPOSE FOR MY LIFE AND WANTS TO USE ALL OF MY "MESS" FOR HIS GLORY! If we were perfect people, we would have no need for a savior. God knew we would mess up. Before we were ever born, he intimately knew us. He knew everything we would ever do- the good, bad, and the ugly. He knew I would turn my back and run from him. He knew. And yet, he still gave all of himself and suffered through a horrendous death, just so that I could live. And not just "live" as in inhaling and exhaling, but REALLY LIVE. He carried the weight of all the world's sin, so that I could be filled with the Holy Spirit... so that I could know a freedom like no other... so that I could forever be connected to his Father... so that I didn't have to work for my salvation... so that I could know what true love really is. Think about your darkest moment, the time when your heart felt the heaviest it ever has before. Now times that feeling by infinity. The weight of that still doesn't even compare to what Jesus felt while he was hanging on the cross, body torn to shreds, waiting to die. He felt that feeling so we didn't have to. He took our place. Our, the people that he knew would betray him and live sinful, ugly lives... OUR place. It doesn't make any sense. We'll never be able to truly wrap our heads around the magnitude of his grace and what he's done for us. But the fact is, Jesus died so that we may know the truth and be set free. No matter how many times or how bad you messed up today, God's grace is enough to cover it - no if, and's, or but's about it. It's time to stop wallowing in our guilt and shame, RISE UP, and live in the FREEDOM that Jesus paid the ultimate price for us to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment