Saturday, September 3, 2011

Really Real

God is seriously ripping my heart apart in the best way possible and building it back up to be way better than it was before. I really don't know any other way to describe it. It's hard to put into words what is going on in my heart.


I've grown up in the church my whole life, but I can honestly say that I have NEVER experienced anything like this before. It's like my entire being is just being broken all apart. My old mindset is being shattered, my old habits are being broken, the way I talk is changing... everything is going haywire, and I still have such a long way to go to get to where I need to be. But at the same time, I feel a peace that I've never known before. It's the craziest/coolest/realest thing ever.


When I finally decided to get really real with God, like REALLY REAL, not just my regular half-hearted "real"... he showed up. He's changing my whole life.


He's showing me who he really is. He's making himself known to me in a whole new way. I always thought I knew who God was... I was so far off. He's so much more than what we think. He's so much greater than what we think. We're not even close to being capable of grasping him in his entire glory.


It really just blows me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment