Wednesday, August 3, 2011

seek God

There are so many verses in the Bible that talk about God showing up when you seek Him...


"If you seek God, your God, you'll be able to find him if you're serious, looking for him with your whole heart and soul." Deuteronomy 4:29


"When you come looking for me, you will find me. I'll make sure that you won't be disappointed." Jeremiah 29:13


"If you seek him, he'll make sure you find him." 2 Chronicles 28:9


"God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks." Lamentations 3:25


All of these verses have proven to be so true in my life. Ever since I've gotten serious about going after this heart-change, life-change, whatever you want to call it, God has shown up like never before. He's opening so many doors for me, closing doors that need to be closed, blessing me with friends who encourage me and push me to grow closer to Him, putting new songs on my heart, healing my heart, softening my heart, breaking my heart, building up a Godly confidence in me, opening up my eyes to what really matters, providing protection, using others to speak into me, using me to speak into others, speaking to me through his Word... and the list goes on and on!


I can promise you there is NOTHING in this world as good as God. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I've done just about everything out there to try to "fill the void" and find happiness. The ONLY thing that will bring true joy is a relationship with Jesus.


I encourage you to really get serious about going after God with your whole heart, if you're not already. And if you are, take it to the next level! Get serious! Watch him show up in ways you couldn't even imagine! Be ready and expectant to have your world rocked and your heart/mind changed from the inside out! Yes, it's going to be hard at times, but if I can do it, you can do it. I promise you, it'll be the best thing you've ever done.


No comments:

Post a Comment